Why Not Join a lifeHOUSE today?
lifeHOUSES are an extended family of friends on mission together. lifeHOUSE groups bring people together beyond Sunday morning, for spiritual growth, fellowship, and reaching out in the community. lifeHOUSES meet during the week in host homes throughout the West Valley. If you are interested in participating in a lifeHOUSE, email the host for schedule and location.
Duane and Barbara Cirks
Buzz and Donnice Brown
Mac and Donna McLeod
Mike and Debee Jusko
Bill and Andrea Anz
When Jesus is born, the light of the world enters into the darkness.
But how do we get his light out into the darkness of our world?
Think of the baby Jesus.
How does an infant get out into the world?
Too young to walk or even crawl.
An infant gets out into the world in only one way.
Carried by others.
So, God, in his wisdom, comes as an infant in order that the only way the light will break through the darkness-
Is to be carried by you.
- They meet together for worship at the Temple.
- They meet in homes to all process the same teaching they are learning.
- They enjoy food.
- They build friendships.
- They pray for each other.
- Together, they connect with the neighbors.
- We meet together with 6-12 people once a week for an hour and a half.
- We eat snacks and have a time to catch up.
- Everyone in the lifeHOUSE takes turns answering the same two questions about the teaching for the week.
- The teaching will come from PD’s book, Reboot: 70 Life Lessons with Dallas Willard. Each week we will read 10 life lessons from the book. A good way to do this is a daily weekday rhythm of reading two lessons a day, M-F, during a quiet time you spend with God. On Sundays, PD will also give a brief summary of the 10 lessons that are for that coming week- Reboot Time.
- What’s the one thing that I sense God is pointing out to me from the reading and reflection I did? (What is God saying to me?)
- What am I going to do about what I am perceiving from God? (What am I going to do about it?)
- After everyone shares, we pray for each other about what we are going to do about what we heard, and we end the time praying one-on-one with other personal prayer matters.
- Each lifeHOUSE will choose to do one simple thing together to bless the neighbors of the host home’s neighborhood. We have plenty of suggestions that you will find helpful, but you can choose anything that brings God’s blessing and joy to the neighbors.
Our pens for afrikids outreach to students in Kenya and Sierra Leone recently sent out 2,000 pens for school children. Here is a thank-you letter from Kenya, from Fanuel Okwaro, Director, and a couple of photos. Loving our neighbors in expanded ways…
We are happy to inform you that pens you send us arrived safely. I picked them from the post office today.
When we distribute them to the kids we shall take photos so that you can share them with your congregation and other donors who participated in collecting the pens
Thank you so very much again Buzz
May Peace ,Love and Joy be with you